Thursday, July 28, 2005

Wednesday's Child

Wednesday evening here, we made grilled vegetables and pasta tricolore . Afterwards, my summer fling mixed me martinis, and we watched the sun set over the lake behind the house he is staying in for just two more weeks. We played Scrabble, had sex, and fell asleep with our pinkies and anklebones touching. In the morning we drove in to work together and stopped on the way at a cafe that serves their coffee in beautiful oversized clay bowls painted with gold and green swirls. He read the Times; I scanned the local weekly for music listings and furniture sales.

If I were a wiser man, I would be preparing myself for the end of the summer, the start of classes, the enforced brevity of this relationship.

But I have never been wise.

Tonight is my turn. I am making white grape martinis and burgers with a blue cheese sauce. And -- have I mentioned? The view of the sunset is beautiful from my house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home