Saturday, June 02, 2007

Excuses

So.

Um.

I guess, when an author you've admired for years gives your long-fallow blog a shout-out, you're sort of obliged to post something on it.

I have a lot of excuses. First, I've been the kind of busy that seems to take all day but leaves you with nothing interesting to talk about at the end of it. And, all of that work involves writing, and the last thing I want to do when I get home is plop down in front of the computer and crank out a few hundred more words. And, the adolescent, made-for-TV-movie drama that was my life in LA and Boston has mellowed as I've gotten older; what do you write about if it isn't the clubs and the bitter queens and all the stupid fun you and your friends got yourselves into?

But I've been missing the blog. I miss telling stories. I miss the sense that there were stories worth telling about my life. And most of all, I miss the sense that there was a community of people who would read one another's blogs and care about all the crap that was happening in someone else's life, even if it was someone they had never actually met.

So I promise some more stuff here soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home